My friend pointed out to me the other day that I am pretty well versed in objectifying men. He said it’d be creepy if he did it (Me saying “ooh he has a nice firm ass” as opposed to him saying “ooh she has a nice firm ass”), but that doesn’t really stop me. Because there are some men as just very nice to look at. And this is my post to say, “I appreciate you, attractive man!”
So without further adieu… I present:
Cherie’s Top 5 “Future Husbands”
1. Frank Iero. This man is the reason for all the teardrops on my figurative guitar. He plays guitar in My Chemical Romance, one of my guilty pleasure obsessions at the moment. And I just think he’s the prettiest man ever. This boy single-handedly made me rethink my position on tattooed dudes. I say boy even though he’s like 8 years older than me. He’s also like 5’4″ so he’s fun sized. He has this deep, sexy voice and he curses like a sailor but makes it sound cute. He’s just precious.
2. Mark Hoppus. The Hopp turned 40 this year, but he’s still very objectifiable in my eyes. Also, I’m pretty sure I just made up that word. He plays bass in the wonderful band Blink-182. Also, he has these super gorgeous blue eyes that you could just stare into for days and days and… you get the point. Aside from that, he is super funny and does interesting things with his hair. In addition, he has a lovely voice. Listen to +44 and tell me differently.
3. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I’m not even sure what it is about him, but he makes every movie better because of his acting chops… as well as his face. I first developed a crush on him in Brick (a movie I really recommend btw), and that crush just strengthened after Inception, 500 Days of Summer, and 50/50. All of which I recommend. So in addition to being adorably smoldering (if that’s a thing), he picks superb movies in which to star. Thumbs up.
4. Josh Hutcherson. I normally like older guys, and Josh is the only guy in this top five that’s under 30. He’s also like 3 years younger than me, which makes me feel like a cougar at the age of 22. Yikes. However, this boy’s strong jaw line and deep soulful eyes really get me. I’m also a Peeta (Hunger Games) fangirl, so please inflict all your judgment upon me. He’s pretty.
5. Gerard Way. I’m 99% sure Gerard wouldn’t be included on this list if it weren’t for the red hair. I always thought he was cute, but not like super attractive until the red hair. But that did it for me. Also, I really am on an MCR kick these days so he might get moved off when that cools down. No offense to Gerard. He’s kind of one of those dudes that is so pretty he’s almost too pretty. I don’t even know what I’m saying at this point. Please ignore me.
Because I couldn’t do just 5, I’m adding 3 honorable mentions that didn’t make the top 5. Please stay with me to ogle more man candy:
1. Kellin Quinn, front man of Sleeping With Sirens. He’s pretty, and I also dig his band.
2. Josh Brolin, of No Country for Old Men and other movies. He’s a very ruggedly handsome, attractive 44 year old.
3. Paul Rudd, of lots of comedies. He’s such a cute funny man. I always “aww” when he’s in a movie. Special shout out to I Love You, Man.
So that’s my list of attractive men. I realized in doing this that my type must be thin, dark haired dudes with nice eyes. I think I will do my “girl crush” list sometime soon as well. What do you think of my list? And who would you put on yours?
Disclaimer: I respect the careers/works of all men included in this list. However, I also respect their faces. You can call me immature all you want, but you know there are some people who just have faces that should be appreciated.