Hello Internet. It has been awhile. [insert clip of Staind’s “It’s Been Awhile”]
Over the last week, I have been on an adventure. What kind of adventure, you ask? Well, I traveled to the west coast for the first time. It was incredibly exciting.
My friend and I flew into San Francisco, stayed a day there, and then embarked on a road trip that took us to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Yellowstone National Park.
There were a lot firsts, including:
1. My first time in the following states: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
2. First time using an Uber (and a Lyft)
3. First ever In N’ Out Burger experience (opinion: good, but a bit overhyped)
4. First time seeing the Pacific Ocean
5. First time driving a rental car (yikes!)
6. First exposure to gambling (started with $10 and ended with $10… I took a lot of risks, clearly)
7. First time petting a freaking chipmunk!
8. Probably other things, but I’m getting tired of trying to remember
We also saw a legit tumbleweed. That was cool.
We packed in a lot of fun stuff, so I’ve been tired for like an entire week. I also ate way too much, drank too much soda, and all but ignored the internet. It was awesome.
Some of the highlights:
- Our hotel in San Francisco, which I’ll be posting a video about soon… the only teaser I’ll give to people who don’t follow me on SnapChat (stlkercherie) is that it displayed some very interesting artwork
- The drive down the coast on Route 1… it was cloudy and rainy, but it was obviously gorgeous and I’m glad we took that route for at least part of the way
- Santa Monica Pier
- A low-key (i.e. not in a giant bus) tour of Hollywood movie locations… got to see a lot of the city
- Randomly ending up at an Upright Citizens Brigade midnight comedy show… it was hilarious and totally worth staying up late for
- Seeing Blue Man Group in Vegas… awesome
- The mountains in Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming… what we have in Tennessee doesn’t even compare
- Yellowstone National Park… pretty much all of it, but mostly the wildlife and the weird things that the volcano caused… thermal pools and paint pots and all that
- Food, food, food
I’m planning on making two videos: one for That Tiny Vlog Series detailing our San Francisco hotel experience and the other a more in depth vacation review on the Modern Yet Nostalgic YouTube channel. Look out for those soon. I promise they’ll at least entertain you a little. A Friend of Mine Raves, “Your snaps are better than TV lately.”